Annual Hawaiʻi Regional Meeting of Phi Alpha Theta
The THIRTY-NINTH ANNUAL HAWAIʻI REGIONAL MEETING OF PHI ALPHA THETA is scheduled to be held on Saturday, April 1, 2023 at Hawaiʻi Pacific University (HPU) Aloha Tower Campus.
We invite paper proposals from undergraduate and graduate Phi Alpha Theta members at all participating Hawai‘i campuses. Eligible papers will be judged for prizes. Please note that new members are encouraged to join and participate.
Students who wish to give a paper presentation at the Regional Conference should submit a 500-word abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 12, 2023. Be sure to include your name, your email address, your school, and the title of the presentation. Please also indicate if you are an undergraduate or graduate student.
If students wish to have their conference paper evaluated for a paper prize, please note that the competition will be limited to the paper to be delivered at the conference. There is a word limit of 3,000 excluding citations (or 12 pages of double-spaced text, excluding citations). To be eligible for competition, full papers must be submitted to email@example.com by Sunday, March 12, 2023.
Please join us on April 1 to make new friends and celebrate HISTORY with fellow historians.
Currently, the prizes awarded at the conference include:
- Best Undergraduate Paper
- Best Graduate Paper
- Walter Vella Prize in Research
- Sarah Sohmer Prize in Hawaiian/Pacific History
- Idus A. Newby Prize in Historiography
- Herbert F. Margulies Prize in US History
- Fritz Rehbock Prize in Science and Discovery
- Robert E. McGlone Biography Prize
- Jerry H. Bentley World History Prize
- Marc Jason Gilbert Prize in World History
- History Club of Honolulu Women’s History Prize
- Oceania History Prize
- Mimi Henriksen Prize in Modern American History