2014 Assessment for Curricular Improvement Poster Session
Our mission is to improve student learning through academic program assessment. Assessment is faculty-driven and faculty-supervised. It is a collaborative process that includes faculty, students, staff, administrators, and others. It involves establishing student learning outcomes, measuring/observing and documenting the extent to which outcomes are achieved, findings ways to improve, and implementing improvement plans.
The Assessment Office
- Supports the use of program and institutional assessment to improve the quality of student learning
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, students, and administrators to establish meaningful, manageable, and sustainable assessment
- Disseminates assessment-related information
- Assists programs with designing effective educational programs
We do the following:
- Workshops for faculty
- Consultations with faculty and tailored workshops for programs
- Events for students, faculty, administrators
- General Education assessment in collaboration with faculty members
- Research educational contexts to determine what contributes to student learning
- Disseminate good assessment practices, examples, guides (see "How-to..." and "Resources"