Override Request Form

Please read before requesting CHEM overrides.

This form is for overrides of CHEM courses at UH Manoa Only. Overrides for courses not taught by Chemistry: Click here for instructions on how to request overrides for UH Manoa courses with BIOC, BIOL, BOT, ICS, MATH, MICRO or PHYS course alphas.

Most requests are processed within two (2) business days at which point your Hawaii.edu will be emailed. Please contact chemreg@hawaii.edu via email if it takes longer than two days.

SUMMER SESSION ONLY:  Students need an override to register for any course in the second session (e.g 162 and 162L) when taking a prerequisite courses in the first session (eg. 161 and 161L). Complete the form below and request a “SUMMER ONLY: Concurrent Registration” override. Note: students who do not pass the first lecture or lab (Chem 161/161L or 272/272L), will need to drop their second session classes (Chem 162/162L or 273/273L).

FALL ONLY:  Students taking prerequisite classes on the mainland can request an override to register for fall.  Complete form below requesting the “FALL ONLY I am currently enrolled in a prerequisite course at another institution …” override. Provide the school, course number, and a URL link to the course description. You will need to provide evidence of a passing grade (C not C-) before fall semester starts.

UPDATE ON SUMMER LABS (5/15/2020):  All chemistry labs in summer session II have been approved to meet face-to-face with social distancing. The exact format will depend on the specific lab course, but, in general, students will complete some experiments in-person and others on-line. Students should plan accordingly.

UPDATE ON SUMMER LABS (4/5/2020):  Since all chemistry labs are offered only in summer session II, students who meet the prerequisites for the first course are allowed to register for 161L and 162L or 272L and 273L. This allows a GenChem student to complete Chem 161 on-line in summer session I, and then Chem 162, 161L and 162L in summer session II (Chem 161L between 7/6-7/24 and 162L between 7/27-8/14; Tentative lab schedule). An OChem student can complete Chem 272 in summer session I on-line, and then Chem 273, 272L and 273L in summer session II (Chem 272L between 7/6-7/24 and 273L between 7/27-8/14; Tentative lab schedule 272L and 273L). Students need to request a time override in this scenario.

Students who want to register for only one lecture and lab can also still do so, although they will meet on the schedule outlined above, and you will still need the proper prerequisites.

NOTE: You can only access this form if logged in to your Hawaii.edu account in the same browser. If the form does not appear then: 1) Sign out of any other Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc accounts  2) open a new tab in this browser and login to your UH Gmail account 3) Reload this page.