Summer and Fall Registration
Registration Information available!
Need a course override? See our FAQ and our Override Request Form. Students from outside UH, please follow the instructions that accompany the form for submitting your transcript with your override request.
Registration questions? Please see our FAQ here.
CHEM 131/161/171 Placement Exams – Click for testing dates.
Are you an incoming Freshman majoring in Chemistry? If you would like an advising session, please schedule your appointment online!
UPDATE ON SUMMER LABS
While our lectures can run in this format, the CHEM labs currently cannot be operated only on-line for an entire course. We recognize that many students must complete summer session I lab to meet prerequisites for summer session II, therefore the department is planning the following changes and hoping in-person labs are possible in summer session II.
- All current summer lab sections in summer session I and II will be cancelled. Don’t panic. Keep reading.
- New 161L, 162L, 272L and 273L sections will be created in summer session II that are officially scheduled four days a week during that session. The GenChem labs will be scheduled 1:30-4:20pm MTWR and the OChem labs 1:30-5:20pm MTWR.
- Students will be allowed to register for 161L and 162L or 272L and 273L if needed.
- Chem 161L and 272L labs will be completed in-person in the first three weeks of the session and Chem 162L and 273L experiments in the last three weeks.
- 161, 162, 272 and 273 lectures will operate on a normal schedule in summer session I or II and will be on-line classes unless the university opts to allow in-person classes for summer session II.
These changes allow a GenChem student to complete Chem 161 on-line in summer session I, and then Chem 162, 161L and 162L in summer session II in-person. An OChem student can complete Chem 272 in summer session I on-line, and then Chem 273, 272L and 273L in summer session II.
Students who want to register for only one lecture and lab can also still do so, although they will meet on the schedule outlined above, and you will still need the proper prerequisites.
This plan assumes in-person classes are possible. If the University decides on May 15th that this will not be possible then the department will provide an update on its plans at that time.
Still have registration questions? email@example.com