Press "Enter" to skip to content

Disability Access Funding

Disability access funding is only granted for events to which the RIO has applied for and been awarded funds. SAPFB is not able to, nor responsible for, providing funding for all events an RIO may host throughout the year.

Who is qualified to apply?

Groups such as UH Mānoa Departments and Registered Independent Organizations (RIOs) are eligible to apply. If you are an individual interested in attending an event, please obtain the support of a group or organization.

What types of events can be applied for?

Funding is for extra/co-curricular activities associated with University of Hawaii at Mānoa.

If you are interested in obtaining disability access services for normal classes, such as note takers, interpreters or captioning for lectures, extended test time, academic adjustments, and more, please contact the KOKUA Program.

When is the application due?

Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, in order to process direct payment purchase orders (POs), SAPFB and the Student Life & Development Fiscal Office will need at least 6 weeks in advance to process payment to your vendor. Therefore, we anticipate that most disability access payments will be processed as reimbursements.

What do we need to provide?

You must fill out the SAPFB Disability Access Application form provided. Please include with it a breakdown of the costs (i.e. charges per hour or per service) and an invoice from the vendor you have decided to work with.

If there are any questions concerning disability access funding, contact us via email at