skip to Main Content
Useful Information For Applicants to Our Degree Programs

The way to get the greatest benefit is to come and enroll in one of the University’s programs. SPAS offers degrees in Asian and Pacific Islands studies. You may be able to get a break in tuition if you are an undergraduate from a Western state. Check out the WICHE/WUE page. You may be able to pay 150 percent of UHM’s regular resident tuition. WUE tuition is considerably less than nonresident tuition. Check UHM tuition rates and do the math.

For information on Financial Aid and Scholarships, please follow this link.

Opportunities for Students Currently Enrolled at Other U.S. Universities
National Student Exchange

The National Student Exchange (NSE), is another possibility. The University of Hawai‘i is a member institution. Check to see if yours is. NSE offers exchanges for up to one year.

A Semester in Hawai‘i

If you are unable to apply to attend UHM as a regular student, how about A Semester in Hawai‘i? This will give you a wonderful opportunity to sample the richness of the University of Hawai‘i and the state at a fraction of the cost of a four-year program. You will likely be able to receive credit for classes taken at UHM, though it is important that you check with your home institution to verify.

Back To Top