Yan Yan Wu, PhD
- PhD (Statistics), York University
- MA (Statistics), York University
- BA (Maths for Commerce), York University
- BS (Economics), Hohai University
Awards & Honors
- CIHR Fellow in Genetic Epidemiology and Statistical Genetics Research (2011-2014)
- David McColm Fellowship in Cancer Research (2012)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2009-2010)
- George & Frances Denzel Award for Excellence in Statistics (2008-2009)
- Longitudinal data analysis and hierarchical data analysis with mixed models
- Multivariate analysis, graphical models, survival analysis, asymptotic inference
- Statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology
- Developing complex statistical tools to model the effects of genes and environmental factors associated with complex human diseases
Wu YY, Massam H, Wong A. (2014) An accurate test for the equality of covariance matrices from decomposable graphical Gaussian models. Canadian Journal of Statistics. 42(1):61-77.
Warrington N, Howe LD, Wu YY, Beilin L, Palmer L, Lye SL, Pennell C, Briollais L. (2013) Association of a body mass index genetic risk score with growth throughout childhood and adolescence. PLoS ONE. 8(11): e79547.
Benke KS, Wu YY, Fallin DM, Maher B, Palmer LJ. (2013) Strategy to control type I error increases power to identify genetic variation using the full biological trajectory. Genetic Epidemiology. 37(5): 419-30.
Warrington N, Wu YY, Marsh J, Beilin L, Palmer L, Lye SL, Pennell C, Briollais L. (2013) Modeling BMI trajectories in children for genetic association studies. PLoS ONE. 8(1): e53897.
Wu YY, Wong A. (2009) A note on interval estimation of P(X < Y ) using lower record values from the generalized exponential distribution. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 53, 3650-3658