The Hawaiʻi Substance Use Professional Development (SUPD) Project is a partnership between the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Thompson School of Social Work and Public Health and the Department of Health Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division (ADAD) to examine the current state of the substance use workforce in Hawaiʻi and address its training needs.
Substance Use Workforce Development Needs
Assessing Hawaiʻi’s current workforce needs and developing a State Plan focused on prevention, treatment, and recovery with an emphasis on the importance of cultural grounding and competence.
Providing training opportunities for substance use professionals and developing a curriculum addressing the determined workforce needs.
Streamlining of Credentialing Processes
Organizing and streamlining the certification process through the electronic tracking of requirements and creating a more efficient Substance Use Continuing Education (CE) approval process for training sponsors and individuals
Substance Use CE Approvals
Prior to submitting a request for Continuing Education, please review the Policy and Procedure for Obtaining ADAD Approval for Continuing Education for Trainings.
If you are a trainer (course sponsor, agency, or organization) seeking to certify your training or conference for Continuing Education (CE), complete and submit your proposal at the link below.
If you are an individual trainee seeking Continuing Education (CE) for a training or conference that you plan to attend, complete and submit your proposal at the link below.
For more information about CE approval for a training or conference you attended in the past, please email email@example.com.
Team and Contact Information
University of Hawaiʻi Thompson School Faculty
- Cliff Bersamira, PhD, AM – Principal Investigator
- Rebecca Stotzer, MS, MSW, PhD – Co-Principal Investigator
- Meripa Godinet, PhD, MSW – Co-Investigator
- Robin Arndt, MSW, LSW – Co-Investigator
- Mike DeMattos, PhD, MSW – Co-Investigator
Hawaiʻi SUPD Staff
- Maisha Amare-Herrera, LSW- Interim Project Coordinator
- Mike McGee, MSW, LCSW – Trainer
- Jessica Torralva, LMHC – Trainer
- Dayna Schultz, PsyD, LSW,CSAC – Trainer
- Brent Oto, CPS – Trainer
- MaryElizabeth Pacheco, LMHC, QMHP, CCS, CSAC, CPS – Trainer
- Isaiah Moreno, PsyD, LMFT, CSAC – Trainer
- Brendan Joanou, BA- Graduate Assistant
- Sabrina Cao- Student Assistant
- Elijah Collier- Student Assistant
- Samar Faison- Student Assistant
Hawaiʻi SUPD is based out of the Thompson School of Social Work & Public Health, 2430 Campus Road, Honolulu, HI 96822.
For questions about Hawaiʻi SUPD, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org