The 2023 Mid-Year Commencement Ceremony is on Saturday, December 16, 2023 in the Stan Sheriff Center. The ceremony is scheduled as follows:
- Ceremony begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Estimated end time: 11:30 a.m.
- Faculty arrive at 7:30 a.m.
- Estimated number of participants: 1,000
- Estimated length of the ceremony: 2.5 hours
To participate in the commencement ceremony, please register online to ensure that you are included in the procession.
The bookstore has tailored special order faculty regalia available for purchase or rental. Please contact the bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org and allow six weeks for delivery.
- For purchase – The bookstore will customize regalia to faculty alma maters. Purchase prices vary. Deadline to order is October 27, 2023
- For rental – Deadline to order is October 27, 2023. Rental rates are as follows:
- Master cap & gown with tassel $85.00
- Master hood $64.50
- Doctoral Cap & Gown with tassel $90.00
- Doctoral Hood $68.00
- Tam (8 sided) with gold silk tassel $75.00
A demonstration video from Herff Jones on how to wear the cap and gown is available here:
- Masters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU_e3EbBB3U
- Doctorate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD1nNdA4Hcc
We strongly recommend participants view it before commencement day.
Plan to arrive early, as considerable congestion surrounding the campus is expected. Carpooling is strongly encouraged.
Assemble for the Procession
PhD faculty sponsors must arrive by 8:00 a.m. Please meet at the Stan Sheriff Center loading dock area to assemble with the procession.
Faculty who are not PhD sponsors should wait for the commencement staff announcement to line up (approximately 8:50 a.m.) behind the Stage Party (Deans).
Faculty Procession and Seating Section
Faculty will proceed into the arena following the student procession, and will be seated above the stage party in the upper seating areas. Faculty marshals will lead the procession. Please be on time in order to assemble and process with the faculty party.
Following the ceremony, faculty will follow the stage party out of the arena and line the hall along the Stan Sheriff Center exit to applaud the graduates as they exit the arena.