Program: Anthropology (MA)
Date: Wed Nov 20, 2013 - 2:47:28 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
1. Four Field background knowledge at BA level
2. Range of Anthropological research topics and skills for professional presentation
3. Mentoring relationship with faculty
4. Precise statement of academic goals; learn to conceptualize research
5. Fundamentals of Core Fields at graduate level; integration of selected specific
fields, holistic tradition of the discipline
6. Fundamental knowledge of anthropological methods at graduate level
7. Fundamental knowledge of anthropological theory at graduate level
8. Introduction to culture areas literature; expertise in area of individual research
9. Graduate level academic substance and instructional dynamics
10. Knowledge of the diverse range of distinct disciplinary perspectives in
11. Original anthropological research, data collection, analysis, and writing in
12. Professional level scholarly paper writing and research proposal writing
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2012 and September 30, 2013? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period June 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
Our program needs much more time to review, discuss, and design how the assessment for the MA degree candidate or recipient can be meaningfully implemented. Currently, the thinking is that at the end of every final exercise, the committee members should write some kind of assessment; but there are many complications in the validity of such procedures.