Program: East Asian Lang & Lit: Chinese (MA)
Date: Thu Oct 17, 2013 - 1:36:40 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
Chinese Literature SLOs: In addition to the BA SLOs, recipients of the M.A. in Chinese literature should be able to: 1. Read with appropriate competency primary Chinese texts of all major periods and in all major linguistic forms (classical Chinese, early and modern Mandarin) and be able to translate them correctly into English. 2. Use dictionaries and other China-related bibliographic reference tools. 3. Have a basic knowledge of the historical development of Chinese literature in all its genres. 4. Develop familiarity with a variety of theoretical and critical approaches, both Chinese and Western, and their application in analyzing and interpreting Chinese texts. 5. Conduct scholarly research in their area of specialization, using primary and secondary materials available in the library.
2010: No changes to last year's SLOs.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
Other: SLOs will be published online soon
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2012 and September 30, 2013? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period June 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
We do not have any graduates in 12-13 AY year. We will discuss an assessment plan when we have more students.