Program: Philippine Lang & Lit (BA)
Date: Fri Oct 11, 2013 - 2:33:24 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
1. Train students to become functional, literate users of Filipino language.
2. Develop in students an in-depth understanding of Philippine culture and society.
3. Familiarize students with the canon of Philippine literature focusing on its various
themes, genres, historical and cultural contexts.
4. Prepare students for careers requiring Filipino language proficiency, such as
Filipino language teaching, translation, social work or community service in
Filipino communities, international business and customer relations, government
work requiring knowledge of a foreign language.
5. Prepare students for advanced studies and research in various fields with particular
focus on Philippine languages, cultures and contemporary society and history.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: Ilokano Program Brochure, B.A. Philippine Language and Literature (Tagalog) brochure
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2012 and September 30, 2013? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period June 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
14) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
We just had our review in 2012.