Program: Natural Resources & Environmental Mgt (BS)
Date: Fri Oct 12, 2012 - 3:29:59 pm
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
- Students value science and scientific evidence in NREM.
- Students demonstrate what is expected of an entry-level professional working in the field of natural resources and environmental management.
- Students describe and interpret the theory and application of the linkages among the environment, economics, and society.
- Students demonstrate the relevance of biological, physical, and social science using analytical and quantitative skills in the context of NREM.
- Students communicate proficiently in writing and orally to both technical and general audiences in natural and social sciences.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2011 and September 30, 2012? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)
6) For the period June 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012: State the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goals. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
Map new SLOs onto NREM core courses.
7) State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
Updated course syllabi collected from instructors.
8) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
9) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
10) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
11) For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6:
Summarize the actual results.
New curriculum map generated. See response to Question 3.
12) State how the program used the results or plans to use the results. Please be specific.
- Course intstructors will be asked to provide feedback to the curriculum map regarding their own courses.
- NREM faculty will be presented new curriculum map for discussion of possible changes to courses or SLOs.
- Instructors will be asked to revise courses to better achieve program SLOs.
13) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
All SLOs are covered by at least two courses.
Lower-level courses (NREM 203, 210, 220, 310) contribute less to the program SLOs.