Program: Human Resources Mgt (BBA)
Date: Mon Oct 12, 2009 - 2:37:25 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
Goals 1 through 4 are the same for ALL BBA students.
Objectives listed under Goal 5 vary by major.Objectives for Human Resource Management Majors are Listed below
HRM Objective 1: Students are able to analyze best human resource management practice in a selected HRM function (Assessed in HRM 351)
Rubrics: 0= Accurately explains fewer than 4 concepts
1= Accurately explains 4 or 5 concepts
2= Accurately explains 6 concepts
HRM Objective 2: Students are able to identify and explain federal laws and judicial decisions that give direction to HRM policies (Assessed in HRM 351)
Rubrics: 0= Accurately identifies and explains fewer than 4 federal laws/judicial decisions
1= Accurately identifies and explains 4 or 5 federal laws/judicial decisions
2= Accurately identifies and explains 6 federal laws/judicial decisions
HRM Objective 3: Students can identify the pros and cons associated with using different sources to attract job candidates to a company (Assessed in HRM 455)
Rubrics 0 = Not able to identify pros and cons associated with using various sources of job candidates
1= Accurately identifies pros and cons of at least 2 sources of job candidates
2 = Accurately identifies pros and cons of 3 or more sources of job candidates
HRM Objective 4: Students can identity appropriate metric measurements of human capital (Assessed in HRM 453)
Rubrics: 0 = Not able to identity metric measurements of human capital
1 = Accurately identifies two metrics of human capital
2 = Accurately identifies three or more metrics of human capital and can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using each.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
Other: These will be listed on the Shidler College web site, by the end of the Fall 09 Semester
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
Assessment for the HRM major will be done beginning Fall 2009
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information