Program: Entrepreneurship (BBA)
Date: Mon Oct 12, 2009 - 2:27:17 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
Goals 1 through 4 are the same for ALL BBA students.
Objectives listed under Goal 5 vary by major.
Objectives for Entrepreneurship Majors are Listed below
Entrepreneurship Objective 1: Identify opportunity and evaluate the feasibility of a new business opportunity [Assessed in MGT 320]
Trait: Identify Opportunit
0 = Unable to distinguish routine business ideas from those opportunities with above average potential; 1 = Able to identify existing business formats as potential opportunities;2 = Able to relate opportunities in the environment to new business opportunities
Trait: Use marketing research, financial and accounting tools to evaluate opportunities
0 = Shows minimal capability with respect to using these tools in either a business plan application or in classroom discussion; 1 = Able to use most of these tools in either a business plan application on in classroom discussion; 2 = Have a clear mastery of these tools and are able to use them in ways that highlight issues related to the evaluation of business opportunities.
Trait: Modify opportunities based on analysis
0 = Unable to link discussion of a business opportunity with either quantitative or effective qualitative analysis; 1 = Links qualitative or quantitative analysis to the business opportunity; 2 = Able to use quantitative and qualitative analysis in a fashion that highlights the potential or lack thereof of a
Entrepreneurship Objective 2: Apply relevant financial principles and use the tools necessary to assess start-up needs and viability [Assessed in Fin 341]
Trait: Assessing Financial Needs
0 = Unable to identify the correct approaches to use or unable to effectively apply them if known; 1 = Able to identify correct approaches and generally able to apply them; 2 = Able to identity correct analytic approaches, and correctly use them in ways that directly link the financial analysis to the financial needs of a new business.
0 = Unable to identify the correct valuation approach to use or to correctly calculate a valuation; 1 = Able to identify the correct approach and generally; able to arrive at appropriate valuations; 2 = Able to identify the correct approach from the perspectives of different parties and to correctly calculation evaluations using different approaches.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
Other: These will be listed on the Shidler College web site, by the end of the Fall 09 Semester
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
This is a new major, beginning in Fall 2009. No assessment has occurred
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process