Program: Meteorology (BS)
Date: Thu Oct 04, 2012 - 8:06:40 am
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
1. Apply physical principles to explain thermal structure of the atmosphere.
2. Describe atmospheric circulations.
3. Develop and explain a forecast in the short to medium (time) range.
4. Know the design and use of instrumentation, computer software, and data interpretation methods in atmospheric studies.
5. Ba able to explain ideas and results through written, numerical, graphical, oral and computer-based forms of communication.
6. Be adaptable to new avenues of scientific inquiry which offer interdisciplinary and practical applications to commercial and public needs for atmospheric studies.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Select one option:
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2011 and September 30, 2012? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
No (skip to question 14)