Program: Zoology (MS)
Date: Mon Oct 12, 2009 - 9:47:47 am
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
The SLOs for M.S./Ph.D.degrees in Zoology are identical. The general objective is to produce outstanding research scientists who are capable of independent thought, development of experimental design and have the ability to conduct their own research to completion.
Assessment of their abilities in these areas is tested through:
a) the writing of a research proposal, which is evaluated and approved by the student's research dissertation committee
b) completion of the proposed research (in consultation with the major research professor)
c) presentation of the completed research in an open forum seminar with question/answer session
d) publication of research data/findings in top quality scientific journals
Placement of the M.S./Ph.D. graduates is also important and we actively track their professional progress.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information