Program: Molecular Biosciences & Bioengineering (PhD)
Date: Thu Nov 04, 2010 - 2:13:41 pm
1) Below are the program student learning outcomes submitted last year. Please add/delete/modify as needed.
1. High percentage of degree completion
2. Completing degree in timely manner (4-6 years)
3. Number of publications by the students
4. Number of oral and poster presentations in local, national and international symposium
5. Awards received by students
2) As of last year, your program's SLOs were published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online: http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/mbbe/graduate_program.html
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/mbbe/graduate_program.html
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Below is the link to your program's curriculum map (if submitted in 2009). If it has changed or if we do not have your program's curriculum map, please upload it as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) The percentage of courses in 2009 that had course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is indicated below. Please update as needed.
5) State the assessment question(s) and/or goals of the assessment activity. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
6) State the type(s) of evidence gathered.
7) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected?
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
8) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
9) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated.
If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
10) Summarize the actual results.
11) How did your program use the results? --or-- Explain planned use of results.
Please be specific.
12) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries? This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
13) Other important information:
I have not got time to conduct an assessment for the program because I am so overwhelmed with teaching, research and other academic activities.