Program: Meteorology (MS)
Date: Fri Oct 02, 2009 - 8:47:58 am
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
1. Demonstrate basic empirical knowledge of atmospheric phenomena.
2. Understand the current state of basic theory used to model such phenomena.
3. Ability to conduct novel research on significant problems in atmospheric science with modest support from more advanced scientists.
4. Communicate both orally and in writing at a high level of proficiency.
5. Professional skills to solve real world problems in the field.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
We offer a Plan A only. The primary assessment tool is the MS Thesis. This written document must be defended before a public audience. Each student must present two public seminars as well. We also require a minimum performance ( B or better) in our core courses ( 600,610, and 620).