Program: Electrical Engineering (MS)
Date: Tue Oct 12, 2010 - 10:19:19 am
1) Below are the program student learning outcomes submitted last year. Please add/delete/modify as needed.
The Department of Electrical Engineering adheres to the student learning outcomes of the Graduate Division:
"In general, a student who has successfully complete the graduate degree requirements should be able to
- Demonstrate mastery of the methodology and techniques specific to the field of study.
- Communicate both orally and in writing at a high level of proficiency in the field of study.
- Conduct research or produce some other form of creative work.
- Function as a professional in the discipline."
2) As of last year, your program's SLOs were published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Below is the link to your program's curriculum map (if submitted in 2009). If it has changed or if we do not have your program's curriculum map, please upload it as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) The percentage of courses in 2009 that had course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is indicated below. Please update as needed.
5) State the assessment question(s) and/or goals of the assessment activity. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
have not assessed yet
6) State the type(s) of evidence gathered.
7) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected?
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
8) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
9) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated.
If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
10) Summarize the actual results.
11) How did your program use the results? --or-- Explain planned use of results.
Please be specific.
12) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries? This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
13) Other important information:
The EE Department has not conducted an assessment. At a meeting in September 2010, it was decided that the EE department's gradaute programs will participate in a 6-year-cycle of assessment. We still need to figure out when the cycle will begin and plan out the course of action for the first year of assesment.