Program: Religion (BA)
Date: Sun Oct 10, 2010 - 5:44:34 pm
1) Below are the program student learning outcomes submitted last year. Please add/delete/modify as needed.
1. Students acquire basic knowledge and understanding of the history, scriptures, doctrines, rituals and other practices of the major world religious traditions.
2. Students become acquainted with major themes in the study of religion.
3. Students read and analyze primary source material, including scriptures, faith statements, etc.
4. Students read and analyze scholarly articles and monographs in the field.
5. Students begin the process of learning to write scholarly materials in genres appropriate to the field of Religion, including research papers, exegetical essays, etc.
2) As of last year, your program's SLOs were published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Below is the link to your program's curriculum map (if submitted in 2009). If it has changed or if we do not have your program's curriculum map, please upload it as a PDF.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) The percentage of courses in 2009 that had course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is indicated below. Please update as needed.
5) State the assessment question(s) and/or goals of the assessment activity. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
We wanted to assess the quality of students' writing.
SLOs 4 and 5 were targeted.
6) State the type(s) of evidence gathered.
Junior and senior papers from one class
7) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected?
Ad hoc faculty group
Persons or organization outside the university
Advisors (in student support services)
Students (graduate or undergraduate)
8) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
Used professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
Compiled survey results
Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
9) State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated.
If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
10) Summarize the actual results.
The papers were scored for:
1. Quality of argument
2. Use of primary sources
3. Use of secondary sources
4. Use of language
5. Proper citations
Overall, the results were satisfactory.
11) How did your program use the results? --or-- Explain planned use of results.
Please be specific.
No action has been taken.