Program: Chemistry (PhD)
Date: Mon Nov 30, 2009 - 12:21:53 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
The program aims to develop scientists capable of performing research at the frontiers of the science in any of the subdisciplines of chemistry. The SLO's for this program are:
a) complete course work at the frontier of the science;
b) independently perform a significan piece of original research at the frontiers of the science;
c) prepare and defend an original research proposal at the frontier of the science;
d) present background of research and results of original research in an open forum;
e) publish research results in peer reviewed international journals.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
Changes to comprehensice exam schedule. The exam was split into two parts with the first part, a research progress report, being due much earlier than the exam has been in the past. Students not tracking at the end of the thrid semester can be moved to the Masters program.