Program: Entomology (PhD)
Date: Fri Nov 16, 2018 - 1:09:21 pm
1) Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and Institutional Learning Objectives (ILOs)
1. Acquire and demonstrate competency/skills as a biologist.
2. Acquire and demonstrate entomological knowledge necessary for professional success.
3. Acquire and demonstrate communication and literacy skills.
4. Demonstrate the ability to apply creative and critical thinking in the independent development and conduct of research.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update asneeded.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Please review, add, replace, or delete the existing curriculum map.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Does the program have learning achievement results for its program SLOs? (Example of achievement results: "80% of students met expectations on SLO 1.")(check one):
Yes, on some(1-50%) of the program SLOs
Yes, on most(51-99%) of the program SLOs
Yes, on all(100%) of the program SLOs
6) Did your program engage in any program learning assessment activities between June 1, 2015 and October 31, 2018?
No (skip to question 17)
7) What best describes the program-level learning assessment activities that took place for the period June 1, 2015 to October 31, 2018? (Check all that apply.)
8) Briefly explain the assessment activities that took place.
9) What types of evidence did the program use as part of the assessment activities checked in question 7? (Check all that apply.)
10) State the number of students (or persons) who submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
11) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
12) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
13) Summarize the results of the assessment activities checked in question 7. For example, report the percentage of students who achieved each SLO.
14) What best describes how the program used the results? (Check all that apply.)
15) Please briefly describe how the program used the results.
16) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries? This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, and great achievements regarding program assessment in this reporting period.
17) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please justify.
The Entomology PhD program is small (owing to the few faculties currently available to provide grant-based financial support), and we have had no need to adjust the current program in the past three years. The program has no specific coursework requirements, and we largely measure student success based on their output of peer-reviewed publications, and presentations and national and international meetings.