Program: Natural Resources & Environmental Mgt (BS)
Date: Tue Oct 13, 2015 - 1:24:56 pm
1) Institutional Learning Objectives (ILOs) and Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
1. Students value science and scientific evidence in NREM.
(1a. General education, 1b. Specialized study in an academic field, 3c. Stewardship of the natural environment)
2. Students demonstrate what is expected of an entry-level professional working in the field of natural resources and environmental management.
(3d. Civic participation)
3. Students describe and interpret the theory and application of the linkages among the environment, economics, and society.
(1b. Specialized study in an academic field)
4. Students demonstrate the relevance of biological, physical, and social science using analytical and quantitative skills in the context of NREM.
(2a. Think critically and creatively, 2b. Conduct research)
5. Students communicate proficiently in writing and orally to both technical and general audiences in natural and social sciences.
(2c. Communicate and report)
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online: http://www.manoa.hawaii.edu/ovcaa/programsheets/
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Please review, add, replace, or delete the existing curriculum map.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program learning assessment activities between June 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015?
No (skip to question 16)
6) What best describes the program-level learning assessment activities that took place for the period June 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015? (Check all that apply.)
7) Briefly explain the assessment activities that took place in the last 18 months.
8) What types of evidence did the program use as part of the assessment activities checked in question 6? (Check all that apply.)
9) State the number of students (or persons) who submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
10) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
11) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
12) Summarize the results of the assessment activities checked in question 6. For example, report the percent of students who achieved each SLO.
13) What best describes how the program used the results? (Check all that apply.)
14) Please briefly describe how the program used the results.
15) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries? This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, and great achievements regarding program assessment in this reporting period.
16) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
We are in the process of gathering data from NREM courses required for the major regarding student achievement of program SLOs, specific to the level of mastery identified in the curriculum map. We have hired three new instructional faculty in the past 12 months who are teaching or expected to teach these required courses. Therefore, we decided to postpone our assessment for this year until they have offered their required course at least once and have an opportunity to collect these assessment data.