Program: Ethnic Studies (BA)
Date: Mon Oct 26, 2009 - 4:15:43 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
- Critical Thinking: Ability to frame conclusions and predict outcomes from a range of information.
- Communication Skills: Ability to clearly and effectively write about and verbalize the ethnic group experience.
- Content Mastery: Understand concepts and theories pertaining to ethnicity, race, class, gender and histories of ethnic groups.
- Civic Engagement, Community, and Service Learning: Document Service Learning and community-based or participatory action research.
- Research Skills: Familiarity with research trends and directions in Ethnic Studies.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
No formal assessment occurred beyond what the individual faculty does in the courses s/he teaches: meet with students to ensure that students are doing well throughout the semester. Individual student grades reflect the extent to which each student has met the SLOs. Will formalize assessment in the coming year.
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information