Program: Chemistry (MS)
Date: Mon Oct 26, 2009 - 8:15:09 am
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
The program aims to develop scientists able to perform independent research with moderate supervision in a subdiscipline of chemistry and to present the research results orally and in writing to an audience of peers. The extent to which this goal is reached is assessed with the following SLO's:
a) progress reports to the student's committee;
b) completion of 18 credits of advanced course work;
c) presentation of background for research project and of research results in an open forum;
d) publication of research results in peer reviewed journals.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results