Program: Computer Science (MS)
Date: Mon Aug 24, 2015 - 4:35:10 pm
1) Institutional Learning Objectives (ILOs) and Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
1) Below are your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs). Please update as needed.
These SLOs have been officially approved by the ICS faculty and are posted on our Web site.
The ICS M.S. graduate program provides courses for advanced education in Computer Science and affords opportunities to conduct research. Our objective is to help students achieve a high level of professional competence and lifelong learning, with the following Student Learning Objectives:
Master core computer science theoretical concepts, practices and technologies;
Identify, formulate and solve problems employing knowledge within the discipline;
Contribute effectively to collaborative team oriented activities;
Communicate effectively about computer science topics using appropriate media;
Demonstrate advanced knowledge in an area of specialization within the discipline;
Engage in significant research in their area of specialization within the discipline and/or in projects that respond to community and industry needs.
2) Your program's SLOs are published as follows. Please update as needed.
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online: NA
3) Please review, add, replace, or delete the existing curriculum map.
- File (03/16/2020)
4) For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
5) Did your program engage in any program learning assessment activities between June 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015?
6) What best describes the program-level learning assessment activities that took place for the period June 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015? (Check all that apply.)
7) Briefly explain the assessment activities that took place in the last 18 months.
8) What types of evidence did the program use as part of the assessment activities checked in question 6? (Check all that apply.)
9) State the number of students (or persons) who submitted evidence that was evaluated. If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
10) Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected? (Check all that apply.)
11) How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence? (Check all that apply.)
12) Summarize the results of the assessment activities checked in question 6. For example, report the percent of students who achieved each SLO.
13) What best describes how the program used the results? (Check all that apply.)
14) Please briefly describe how the program used the results.
15) Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries? This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, and great achievements regarding program assessment in this reporting period.
16) If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
There were no new assessment activities since the last report.