- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS/Spanish Applied Linguistics
- Language Immersion Programs
- Contact Us
The Spanish program at the University of Hawai‘i offers courses in language, literature, cultural studies, linguistics, and film.
Our faculty represent a broad range of interests and approaches, and are characterized by
- a commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching at the highest intellectual level
- a strong interdisciplinary focus that combines the study of literature with other forms of expressive culture
- an effort to maintain balance among Latin American, Iberian and U.S. Latina/o fields.
As a complement to the faculty’s areas of expertise, the Department also enjoys cooperative relationships with UH Mānoa’s National Foreign Language Resource Center, the Hawaiʻi International Film Festival and the UH East-West Center’s International Cultural Studies Program.
Applications are accepted for both spring and fall semesters. Financial aid is available in the form of graduate teaching assistantships. To apply, or for more information, please contact our graduate or undergraduate chair.
Fall 2021 Spanish Talent Show winners
- 100 level – Julian Estrada (SPAN 101)- “Café Bustelo”(Animación)
- 200 level – Riley Parks (SPAN 201)- “Correr por Manoa”
- 300 level – Kelsey Armstrong (SPAN 303) – “Tuyo”(Canción)
- 100 level – Sophia Manalo (SPAN 102) “Tú sí sabes quererme”(Canción)
- 200 level – Makena Kanekoa (SPAN 202) “Los vaqueros” (Hula dance)
- 300 level – Tehya Chance (SPAN 303) “Magdalena” (Pintura)
Prof. Benito Quintana
Moore Hall 461
1890 East-West Rd.
Phone: (808) 956-8796
|Find us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Instagram|