Admission to the Graduate Program
To apply to the TPSS Graduate Program, you will need to submit a general application to he UH Manoa Graduate School and a supplemental application to the TPSS Graduate School Program.
1) Apply to the UH Manoa Graduate School, which includes submission of:
- General Application
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE); taken with the last three years is required for all applicants
- All post-secondary academic transcripts
- For foreign students only (one of the following tests is required):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – minimum scores are 600/100 (paper/Internet), with subtest scores of 25 for listening and 25 for speaking
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – minimum score is 6.00 for the overall band test results. For teaching assistantship applicants, minimum score is 7.00.
2) Supplemental application to the TPSS Graduate School Program includes submission of:
- Statement of objectives
- Two letters of recommendation
This supplemental application should be mailed to:
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Department of Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences
3190 Maile Way
St. John 102
Honolulu, HI 96822
Spring enrollment – August 1*
* Application review starts on this day; however, dates may be extended if spaces are available.