3060 'Eiwa Street, Suite #210
Lihu'e, HI 96766
Assistant Extension Agent - Sustainable & Organic Agriculture
Edible crop food safety and security, agricultural education and production, and leadership development.
BS International Agricultural Development, UC Davis MS Soils and Biogeochemistry, UC Davis
- Kirk ER, van Kessel C, Horwath WR, Linquist BA (2015) Estimating annual soil carbon loss in agricultural peatland soils using a nitrogen budget approach. PLoS ONE. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0121432
- Espe MB, Kirk ER, van Kessel C, Horwath WR, Linquist BA (2015) Indigenous nitrogen supply of rice is predicted by soil orgaic carbon. Soil Science Society of America Journal. doi:10.2136/sssaj2014.08.0328
- Sengxua P, Jackson TM, Kirk ER, Bouahom B, Wade L (2015) Capacity building and external linkages assist use and integration of technology options for research and development projects. Paper presented at the Australian Society of Agronomy Conference.
- Kirk ER, Linquist BA, van Kessel C (2014) Measuring subsidence in a degraded peat soil: nitrogen mineralization under rice cultivation. Soil Science Society of America Ecosystem Services Conference â€“ Soilâ€™s role in restoring ecosystem services. Mar 7. Sacramento, CA
- Page 5 Emilie Kirk CV Jackson TM, Sensourivong T, Thiravong K, Kirk ER, Pathoummalangsy K, Armstrong J, et al. (2014) Linking research and extension at the local level through on-farm research. Paper presented at: A policy dialogue on rice futures: rice-based farming systems research in the Mekong region.
- Jackson TM, Kirk ER, Pathoummalangsy K, Sensourivong T, Smith J, Samadmanivong S, et al. (2014) â€œHet tua jingâ€: experiences with on-farm research for local stakeholders in southern Laos. The Lao Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 30.
- Kirk ER, Linquist BA, van Kessel C (2013) Nitrogen cycling and rice crop management: implications for subsidence of delta peat soils. SSSA-ASA-CSSA International Annual Meeting. Nov 6. Tampa, FL