910 California Ave
Wahiawa, HI 96786
Amjad B Ahmad
Assistant Extension Agent - Sustainable & Organic Agriculture
Agronomy/Horticulture, Soil Physics, and Soil fertility.
PhD. Natural Resources and Environmental Management, University of Hawaii-Manoa; M.Sc. Legume crops-growth and production, Mosul University; B.Sc. Agronomy, Mosul University.
Sustainable and organic agriculture, Crop diversity, Plant growth, yield, and quality, Soil fertility and plant nutrition, Soil physical properties, Non-point source of pollution, Best management practices.
- Nguyen V. Hue and Amjad A. Ahmad. 2017. Arsenic Reactions and Brake Fern (Pteris vittata L.) Uptake in Tropical Soils. Journal of Plant, Soil and Environment 63(2): 11-17.
- Chandrappa Gangaiah, Amjad A. Ahmad, Hue V. Nguyen, Koon-Hui Wang, and Theodore J.K. Radovich. 2017. Evaluating Three Invasive Algal Species as Local Organic Sources of Potassium (K) for Pak Choi (Brassica rapa, Chinensis group) Growth. HortScience. 52(3): 1-5.
- Ahmad, A.A., T.J.K. Radovich, H.V. Nguyen, J. Uyeda, A. Arakaki, J. Cadby, R. Paull, J. Sugano and G. Teves. 2016. Use of Organic Fertilizers to Enhance Soil Fertility, Plant Growth, and Yield in a Tropical Environment. In: M.L. Larramendy and S. Soloneski, (eds.), Organic Fertilizers-From Basic Concepts to Applied Outcomes. Chapter 4, p: 85-108.
- Chandrappa Gangaiah, Amjad A. Ahmad, Hue V. Nguyen, and Theodore J.K. Radovich. 2016. A correlation of rapid Cardy meter sap test and ICP spectrometry of dry tissue for measuring potassium (K+) concentrations in pak choi (Brassica rapa Chinensis group). Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal., 47(17): 2046-2052.
- Amjad. A. Ahmad; Theodore J.K. Radovich, and Nguyen V. Hue. 2015. Effects of intercropping different legumes on growth of sweet corn (Zea mays). Journal of Crop Improvement, 29(3): 370-378.
- Amjad Ahmad; Nguyen Hue, and Theodore Radovich. 2014. Nitrogen release patterns of some locally made composts and their effects on the growth of Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa, Chinensis group) when used as soil amendments. Compost Sci. & Utilization 22(4): 199-206.
- Amjad A. Ahmad; A. Fares, N. V. Hue, M. Safeeq, T. Radovich, F. Abbas, and M. Ibrahim. 2014. Root Distribution of Sweet Corn (Zea mays) as affected by Manure Types, Rates and Frequency of Applications. J. Animal & Plant Sci. (JAPS), 24(2): 592-599.
- Radovich, T., A. Pant, A. Ahmad, C. Elevitch, and N. Hue. 2014. Enhancing soil function and plant health with locally available resources. Book Chapter In: Food-Producing Agroforestry Landscapes of the Pacific (Series).
- Ahmad, A.A., A. Fares, and N. V. Hue. 2012. Nitrate Dynamic in a Tropical Mollisol Amended with Organic Manures, Planted with Sweet Corn, and Monitored with SPAD Readings. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 43(17): 2274â€“2288.
- Mitschele, R., T. Radovich, A. Fares, and A. Ahmad. 2012. Field and Laboratory Evaluation of the Cardy Nitrate-N Meter for Measuring Soil Solution Nitrate-N in Hawaiian Soils. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 43(9): 1237-1246.