Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a type of federal financial aid awarded to undergraduate and graduate students.
- FWS allows you to earn the award through employment in a part time job.
- Income generated through FWS employment will not be assessed as income on future financial aid application requests.
- You are encouraged to participate in FWS employment to earn income and gain valuable work experience.
You may earn your award in a student employment position with the University of Hawai‘i and non-profit community service agencies. Opportunities also exist through the FWS America Reads Program, a literacy tutoring initiative administered by the Mānoa Career Center.
Eligibility/Participating in the Federal Work Study Program
To participate in the Federal Work Study Program at UH Mānoa, a student must:
- Have been offered a FWS award for the current academic year/semester by UH Mānoa’s Financial Aid Services
- Meet eligibility for part-time student employment
- View the FWS Orientation
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about Federal Work Study at UH Mānoa.
Contact Us if you have any further questions.
Are you a Federal Work Study Supervisor?
View the FWS Supervisor Orientation