Aloha United Way can help you easily find information and referrals on everything from crisis intervention and counseling to job training, education programs and child care. By calling 2-1-1 you will be advised of specific programs/departments that will be able to serve specific needs and answer your questions. Call for information about food stamps and food pantries in your area.
Office hours are from 7AM-7PM, Monday - Friday, call 2-1-1 or directly at 536-1951.



  • Department of Human Services
    The application for State Cash Assitance, Food Stamps, and Medical (via Quest) can be found on the DHS website (right hand column). YOU MUST PRINT OUT & MAIL the completed forms to Dept. of Human Services.

  • Where to Send Completed Application:Go to the DHS Website, scroll down toward the middle of the page and click on the "Statewide SNAP (Food Stamps) and Financial Assistance Processing Centers" section, OR call the Statewide Public Assistance Info-Line (1-855-643-1643 or, they will also give you the address (or verify correct address), but it's a very long message.

  • The annually updated Federal Poverty Level (FPL) guidelines can be found here.

  • For a quick overview of a DHS cash assistance payment grid, check out this table based on family size for DHS Cash Assistance. (effective 01/11)

  • Quest-Keiki / State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP)
    Health Coverage for children whose parents meet the income guidelines. Their goal is to make sure all of Hawaiʻi’s children and youth have health insurance. This site provides your Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) income guidelines, applications and telephone numbers. Click on "Library of Forms" for Quest application.

  • Quest-Adult
    This website has a downloadable form-fillable application for Quest-Adult. Addresse for mailing application is included on pg. 12. Quest-Adult income eligibility is 133% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for household. Annually updated FPL is available on the DHS website (right hand column). Office phone numbers for each island can be found here. For Oahu, call 587-3521 (Honolulu) or 692-7364 (Kapolei).

  • Community Health Centers provide low cost and sliding scale medical care. Low-income adults that do not qualitfy for Quest may want to check them out.

  • Aloha Medical Mission provides interim dental health services to Hawaiiʻs uninsured adults and children. Call 841-4489 from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday.

  • WIC (Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program)
    WIC is a Special supplemental Nutrition Program. The participants are either pregnant, breastfeeding, or postpartum women, and infants and children under five who meet the income guidelines and have a medical or nutritional risk. You must live in Hawaiʻi (including military, immigrant and foreign students). Find the closest WIC location near you: Hawaiʻi WIC Clinic Locations

  • Healthy Mothers Health Babies (HMHB)- Coalition of Hawaii
    HMHB is committed to ensuring women and families receive access to resources and information before, during and after pregnancy. Workshops are offered for parents (on a sliding fee scale) as well as a helpful resource directory and pregnancy guide. They also offer a free MothersCare Phone Line service and a Text4Baby service, which is a free text messaging service providing health information.

  • SNAP (Food Stamps)
    The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) program provides crucial food and nutritional support to qualifying low-income housesholds. Visit the DHS website for income eligibility requirements (scroll down to the middle of the page). If your Monthly Gross Income is less then the 130% figure and after subtracting rent and childcare costs is still less then the 100% Net Monthly Income, you are likely to qualify.

    How to Apply - visit the DHS website, click on "Application for Financial and Food Assistance".

    For assistance with filling out a SNAP application, or for questions about Food Stamps eligibility, call Helping Hands Hawaiiʻs SNAP office: 440-3832 or 440-3812. To reach the Mobile Outreach Specialist, call: 285-6607.

  • Oahu Food Pantries: up-to-date information available from Aloha United Way, call 2-1-1 and be prepared to give information about your area.


  • The Parent Line
    Free statewide confidential line that offers support and information to parents and other caregivers. Services include behavior and development, and family concerns. Check out the Parent Resource Guide a very useful directory for parents of small children. Call 526-1222 or (800) 816-1222 for more information.
  • Alu Like Inc.
    Services for Native Hawaiians who are committed to achieving their potential for themselves, their families, and communities. Call child care assistance at 535-1300 for more information.
  • Legal Aid Society of Hawaiʻi
    A non-profit law firm dedicated to assisting the low to moderate income community. Website includes information on how to apply for services, view affordable rental listings, find self-help material, and social services in your area. Site also recommends Affordable Lawyers Project for those who do not qualify for assistance from Legal Aid, also provides public benefits clients and caseworkers information regarding public benefits in Hawaiʻi. Intake hotline: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM at 536-4302 or (800) 499-4302 on the neighbor islands. Honolulu office is located at
    924 Bethel Street during those same hours.
  • Family Help in Hawaiʻi (Focus Adolescent Services)
    A great site on resources for Hawaiʻi’s youth, teens and families.

  • Child and Family Services
    A private organization that provides human services. They provide behavioral health services to children and their families including counseling and residential programs. Adult services include employment assistance, gerontology programs, and domestic violence shelters and programs. Child services include child abuse prevention, adoptions and childcare. Main office number 681-3500. Located at 91-1841 Fort Weaver Road, Ewa Beach, HI 96706-1909.



  • Catholic Charities Hawaiʻi
    Helping people help themselves regardless of their faith with immigrant, elderly, and family services. You can find detailed information on their website by clicking on Select a Program or Service. Call 521-4357 for more information.



  • Work Hawaiʻi
    Oʻahu Work Links offer free services for job seekers and is a partnership of the states workforce Development Division, Honolulu’s Work Hawaiʻi, Alu Like Inc., and the Honolulu Community Action Program. This site provides an intake registration form, a list of services, locations, and phone numbers.

  • University of Hawaiʻi Employment Training Center-Office of Student Services
    The training center serves the community by providing short-term, career focused education and training in a flexible, learner-centered and supportive environment. Log on to get more programs (e.g. Auto, office, nursing assistant), information, resources, and student services. Call 844-2365 for more information.