***NOTICE: The Spring 2020 Undergraduate Showcase has been CANCELED***
The 2020 Spring Undergraduate Showcase, scheduled for April 24, 2020 has been canceled in an effort to protect students, faculty and staff, and the community from the spread of COVID-19. This is in accordance with the UH President’s March 16 update to follow CDC guidelines and cancel gatherings of 50 individuals or more for the next 8 weeks.
UROP-funded students: If you were supposed to present at the Showcase, you should have received an email from UROP regarding your project completion requirements. If you did not, or have any questions on your UROP funding, please contact us at email@example.com.
Free poster printing services are also suspended. We apologize to our guests and student presenters. For those of you not graduating this semester, we hope to see you at a future event.
If you have any questions for the Undergraduate Showcase organizers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate students presenting at the 2020 Spring Undergraduate Showcase qualify for FREE poster printing. Students eligible for free printing include:
- All UROP funding recipients
- All non-UROP-funded students who are also not part of the Honors Program
Honors students who are not funded by UROP can receive poster printing assistance through the Honors Program.
- Size: 36 x 48 inches (preferred). You may present a poster of any size, but note that posters are secured with binder clips to a 36 x 48 inch backing poster board. Larger or small posters may not be well-secured.
- Logo: Include logos for all relevant organizations and funding sources, including UROP. Download the UROP logo here.
- Ethical compliance number: Include approval numbers for any projects requiring ethical compliance (e.g. IRB, IACUC, etc.)
- Check the CTAHR Poster Printing Schedule
- Fill out the Poster Printing Reservation Form
- Fill out the “General Information” and “Poster Details” sections
- Select “invoice” as the payment method
- Under the “Payment Pre-authorization” section, put “UROP” as the Account No.
- Leave the Faculty Signature, Faculty Name, and Faculty Email portion blank – UROP will be responsible for paying the invoice.
- Email your form to Matthew Chun-Hori at email@example.com with the subject line “[Last name] – Poster print res form paid by UROP.” Please allow a minimum of 24 hours advance notice, prior to requested printing time.
- Review the CTAHR poster printing guidelines.
- CTAHR will contact you to pick up your poster.
- Please arrive before the start of the poster session to set up your poster on the day of the Undergraduate Showcase.