Every UROP Project funding recipient must fulfill the following UROP Project completion requirements:
- Project Completion Report (one per person)
- Presentation at the Undergraduate Showcase or the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Symposium (one per project)
- Post-Presentation Survey (one per person) after the presentation
- Mentor Evaluation Survey (to be completed by your mentor, one per project)
- Receipt Report (one per project)
Thoroughly review the details of each requirement in the tabs below prior to submitting any requirements.
All completion requirements, except for presenting at the Undergraduate Showcase or the SURE Symposium (check the corresponding tab below to find your presentation semester), are due by the following dates in your completion semester. The deadlines are subject to change depending on the academic calendar and the date of the Undergraduate Showcase/SURE Symposium.
- Fall: December 10th at 5pm
- Spring: May 7th at 5pm
- Summer: August 9th at 5pm
Failure to complete all requirements by the deadline may result in a reversal of your UROP project funding.
The Project Completion Report is a fillable online form. This is an opportunity for you to reflect on your UROP Project experience. In the report you are required to provide the following four items:
- Technical Abstract (250-300 words): Provide a professional abstract/summary of your UROP project. This should include the objectives of your project from your funded application, the methods you took to meet your objectives, and a succinct summary of the most important results of your project.
- Project Reflection (250-300 words): Summarize what you learned while doing your UROP project and, where applicable, identify potential next steps. This section is not intended to be a full report on your research or creative work results (that goes in the Technical Abstract, see the prior point), but rather a reflection on your learning experience from participating in faculty-mentored research or creative work
- Project Survey: This survey is meant to evaluate your experience interacting with UROP staff and the overall program throughout the duration of your UROP-funded project. Please note that although this section is not anonymous, please provide honest feedback as it would help the UROP office to serve you and other undergraduate students better. Additionally, any information you provide in the Project Survey will have no impact on your status with the UROP office, including any funding status, outside of it satisfying a required component of the Project Completion Requirements.
- Project Photo/Video (~50-100 words): Submit a photo or a video of your project or yourself working on your project with an informative and succinct description. Please name your file “lastname_firstname_PHO_YYYYMMDD”