Congratulations on your hard work on your UROP presentation! Every UROP presentation funding recipient must fulfill the following UROP presentation completion requirements (see below for more detail on each section):
- Presentation Completion Report
GROUP: All members must submit individual reports, but each individual should submit the same technical abstract
- Receipt Report (one per presentation)
All completion requirements are due by 9 am, December 5 in the Fall semester, 9 am, May 1 in the Spring semester, and 10 am, August 7 in the Summer. Please note that all deadlines may change semester to semester.
Failure to complete all requirements by the deadline will result in a reversal of your UROP presentation funding.
Presentation Completion Report
This is an opportunity for you to reflect on your UROP presentation experience. The Presentation Completion Report is an online form and in the report, you will be required to do the following four things:
- Technical Abstract (250-300 words): Provide a professional abstract/summary of your UROP presentation. This should include the objectives of your presentation from your funded proposal, the methods you took to meet your objectives, and a succinct summary of the most important results of your presentation.
GROUP: All individuals should submit the same technical abstract
- Presentation Reflection (250-300 words): Summarize what you learned while doing your UROP presentation and, where applicable, potential next steps. This section is not intended to be a full report on your research or creative work results (that goes in the Technical Abstract, see the prior point), but rather a reflection on your learning experience from participating in faculty-mentored research or creative work
- Presentation Survey: This survey is meant to evaluate your experience interacting with UROP staff and the overall program throughout the duration of your UROP-funded presentation
- Presentation Photo/Video (~50-100 words): Submit a photo or a video of your presentation or yourself working on your presentation with an informative and succinct description. Please name your file “lastname.firstname.PHO”
In the Receipt Report, you must show accountability for how you managed your budget and how you spent your UROP funding based on your most recent budget approved by UROP.
The Receipt Report is reviewed by the Financial Aid Office. Please be sure to carefully follow the guidelines below to prepare and submit your receipt report. A sample Receipt Report is also available for your reference.
- Gather all receipts, electronic and paper copies
- Scan all paper receipts
- Redact personal information, if necessary (e.g. credit card number, credit card statement, unrelated charges, etc.)
- Highlight all costs and purchase dates
- Mark each item on the receipt with the corresponding Item # on the Budget
- Number each receipt. If possible, this Receipt # should match the Item # in the receipt or as close as possible
- Paste all receipts on MS Word or an equivalent word processor. The order of the receipts should follow the numeric order of Receipt #. Place up to 4 receipts on a page without compromising visibility. Ensure all receipts are legible. Clarify any illegible text
2. Budget Table GROUP: Follow the instruction for both the Group Budget and the Individual Budgets
- Use 12pt, Times New Roman Font. The margin should be 0.5 inches for the left and right margins and 1 inch for the top and bottom margins
- The first page of your receipt report should include your most recent budget table approved by UROP
- Reminder: If your most recent budget table approved by UROP contains Adjusted QTY, Adjusted CPU, Adjusted Cost, and/or Adjusted Justification, delete the original “QTY”, “CPU”, “COST”, and “Justification” and keep the “Adjusted” columns
- Reminder: Do not include any new items not approved by UROP
- Reminder: Do not include any items that you purchased prior to the allowed date, which is the date UROP sent a “UROP Project Funding Disbursal Notification” email to you
- In the budget table, please add one column on the left and label it “Rec #.” On the right, add two columns and label them “Actual Cost” and “Differences w/ Explanation.” The first row of your budget table look like the following:
|Rec #||Item #||Item Name||QTY||CPU||Cost||Justification||Actual Cost||Differences w/ Explanation|
- Check your receipts and indicate corresponding receipt numbers in the “Rec #” column
- Check your receipts and in the “Actual Cost” column, indicate the actual expenses made. If you did not purchase a particular item, the actual cost would be 0
- In the “Differences w/ Explanation” column, indicate the difference between the “Actual Cost” and the “Cost” (Actual Cost – Cost). If the actual cost was more than the original cost, add the prefix “+” to the amount. If the actual cost was less than the original cost, add the prefix “-“ to the amount
- Calculate and indicate the Cost and Actual Cost in the “Travel Subtotal”, “Non-Stipend Subtotal”, and “Stipend Subtotal”, and “Total” rows
3. Stipend table (if applicable)
- Keep your original stipend table with “Date Range”, “Hours”, and “Tasks” columns
- If hours or tasks changed, indicate the change by replacing the original hours and tasks
4. Summary Table GROUP: Each group member should have her/his own Summary Table
Create a new table below the Stipend Table (or the Budget Table if you do not have a stipend table) The columns should show the following:
|UROP ID #||Mat / Supp||Travel||Non-Stipend Total||Mat / Supp Final||Travel Final||Non-Stipend Final Total||Stipend Total||Total||Total Final||Difference|
|If travel is included, please provide dates of travel:|
- Mat / Supp: the UROP-approved subtotal of materials and supplies costs
- Travel: the UROP-approved subtotal of travel costs
- Non-Stipend Total: the UROP-approved subtotal of Mat / Supp and Travel costs
- Mat / Supp Actual: how much you actually spent on materials and supplies
- Travel Actual: how much you actually spent on materials and supplies
- Non-Stipend Actual Total: the sum of Mat / Supp Final and Travel Final
- Stipend Total: the UROP-approved stipend amount. This should not change from what was originally approved by UROP
- Total: the sum of Non-Stipend Total and Stipend Total
- Total Final: the sum of Non-Stipend Final Total and the Stipend Total
- Difference: Final Total – Total = Difference. If you spent more than your UROP budget, the value of Difference will be positive (+). If you spent less than your UROP budget, the value of Difference will be negative (-)
Paste all receipts in the page following the Summary Table. Please save this PDF as: lastname.firstname.REC and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your mentor.
GROUP: Save and submit this document once for the entire group as “Gx.[first alphabetically occurring last name of group members].[corresponding first name].REC” You must cc your group members to this email.
Once submitted, the UROP office and the Financial Aid Office will review your Receipt Report. UROP will contact you if it needs more information and will confirm once your Receipt Report has been accepted by the Financial Aid Office. Please note that if you have leftover funding, you may have to return it to the university. Each budget is reviewed individually case by case.