UROP strives to serve all undergraduate students in all disciplines at UHM by offering financial and programmatic support to engage in faculty-mentored research and creative work projects and presentations. Below is a short video and a list that show how UROP supports the undergraduate research and creative work community at UHM:
Which UROP funding opportunity is right for you?
Click the link below to view a broad overview of UROP’s different funding opportunities to help find which opportunity is right for you.
List of Programs and Resources
- Why do research or creative work as an undergraduate? See the benefits
- Check out Past Projects & Presentations to see what students have done in the past with UROP funding
- What does conducting research or creative work look like? See what past UROP-funded students had to say about doing research or creative work at Student Testimonials
- Find out more about amazing projects and presentations that past UROP funding recipients have conducted at Student Highlights
- Need to find a faculty mentor to guide you? See tips on finding a faculty mentor
- Looking for research or creative work opportunities? Browse on- and off-campus opportunities using the Student Opportunity Center database
- Interested in exploring or “trying out” what faculty-mentored research/creative work is all about? Review the Entering Research and Creative Work (ERC) Funding opportunity and submit an application!
- Have a faculty-mentored research/creative work in mind and want to submit an application for funding? Review Project Funding requirements
- Already have a faculty-mentored research/creative work completed and want to present or compete? Consider Presentation Funding for a travel grant or presenting at one of the on-campus presentation venues, including Undergraduate Showcase (external link), SURE Symposium, and others