Submit Non-UH Transcripts

Students are required to submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institution you have attended (excluding University of Hawaiʻi System campuses: KapCC, HCC, LCC, WCC, KauCC, UHMC, HawCC, UH Hilo, UHWO ). Unofficial, faxed, hand-carried, or student copies of academic documents will not be accepted; transcripts must go directly between institutions. "Official" means you, the student, cannot handle the transcripts in any way even if you donʻt open them; they must go directly between institutions.

Your institutions vary by submission processes so check with your Admissions & Records Office how they send transcripts. UH Mānoa Admissions accepts via mail, email, or secure filedrop:

University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Office of Admissions
2600 Campus Road, Room 001
Honolulu, HI 96822-2385

Kaʻieʻie Students: If you have submitted non-UH transcripts to your community college, they may be able to be forwarded, and this process usually happens when you join Kaʻieʻie (much earlier than when you actually transfer). Check with you Kaʻieʻie Transfer Counselor for more information.

Review your official Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE)

Standard Transfer and Automatic Admission Applicants: Official Transfer Credit Evaluations are completed at time of acceptance only, no sooner.

Kaʻieʻie: TCE is done when you Join the program, and will continue to update as your transition to Mānoa. Ask your Kaʻieʻie Transfer counselor if you have questions.

You can review all transcript reports, including your TCE, on STAR. Contact your UHM Academic Advisor if you have questions regarding your TCE.

Wait for application processing

Continue to the next steps while you wait so youʻre productive and prepared!

In 4-6 weeks after you submit your application, UH Mānoa Office of Admissions will send you a letter with your admissions decision. If accepted,

  1. Check that your major is correct. If not, contact your UH Mānoa Advisor.
  2. Standard Transfer applicants only, submit your Intent to Enroll (instructions enclosed in your letter) and a $200 Tuition Deposit. Verify receipt of payment on you MyUH portal.
  3. Kaʻieʻie Program and Auto Admit students, Intent to Enroll and Tuition Deposit is waived.

Note: It may take longer to process your application if you apply late.

Submit Health Clearances

Health Clearances are not required to process your Admissions application, but you will only be allowed to register up until July 15 when a hold will be placed on your account.

Required clearance & immunizations:

  • Tuberculosis (TB)
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)

Additional required immunizations beginning Fall 2020:

  • Tetanus/Diphtheria/Acellular Pertussis (tdap) Vaccines
  • Varicella (chicken pox) Vaccine, and
  • Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (A, C, Y, W-135) for first-year college students living in on-campus housing, age 16-20. You will not be allowed to check into your dorm without documentation.

Please see the University Health Services health clearance form for details.

If you are coming from a UH Community College, UH West Oʻahu, or UH Hilo:

Your clearances may be transferable between UH campuses.

Kaʻieʻie students Check with you Kaʻieʻie Transfer Counselor.

Automatic Admission and Standard Transfer students Contact your respective campus' Admissions and Records Office and request that your TB and MMR records be forwarded to University Health Services Mānoa.

If you attended more than one UH Campus, youʻll need to make the forward request to the last institution that has your clearances on file.

If you need to resubmit, follow the submission instructions in red:

If you are coming from a non-UH institution:

Follow the submission instructions in red to submit health clearances.

For questions regarding specific health clearance requirements, contact University Health Services.

You must fill out and submit the FAFSA in order to be considered for financial aid.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens every year on October 1st to be used for the following academic year. Priority deadline is the 1st of February.

Example: FAFSA for the 2020-21 Academic Year opened on October 1, 2019, and priority deadline is February 1, 2020.

List UH Mānoa's Federal School code, 001610, on the FAFSA that will be used when you transfer here.

Until you transfer to UH Mānoa, your current institution will provide your financial aid. Per federal regulations, you can only receive financial aid from 1 institution at a time.

Campus Map

But how do you find your way around campus? The UH Mānoa Campus map is responsive, and has a number of map layers you can add in order to find the nearest bathroom, eateries, accessibility accommodations, etc.


Apply with Student Housing Services

For Fall+Spring housing: Priority deadline for full Academic Year housing is due on May 1 for the following year. Application isnʻt always available. Check the above website around mid-late February.

Ex. Application for AY 2020-21 housing priority deadline is May 1, 2020.

For Spring-Only housing: Applications are available ~November for the following semester.

Ex. Application for Spring 2020 is available ~November 2019.


Housing can be found through many traditional means, and although we do not partner with or endorse any of these, here are some online options available that you might look through at your discretion:

If there is a new site we donʻt know about, please contact us so we can add it here for others to see!

Meet with an Academic Advisor

Use the Mānoa Advising Guide to determine who to make an appointment with for academic advising

In general, all students have 2 main advisors (college and/or major advisor), although in some cases they are the same person. It is recommended that you meet with your advisor at least once per semester.

If you are coming to UH Mānoa from a non-UH institution, you can make the most of your first academic advising meeting by ensuring your official Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) is completed prior to your advising appointment. Always be sure to meet with your advisor prior to registration so you are prepared for the upcoming semester.

Kaʻieʻie Students: Register on STAR GPS with continuing students approximately 1 semester prior to beginning at UHM.

Standard Transfer Application & Automatic Admission Students: Register on STAR GPS with new students.

A one-time $30 late registration fee will be applied if you do not register before the first day of the semester (does not apply to add/drop courses)

Tuition and Fees: Select majors require additional fees.

Once registered and cleared of financial obligations, you can get your Mānoa One Card, which is our student ID card, from the Campus Center Ticket, Information, and ID Office. Bring a valid form of ID.

Check for financial obligations by

  1. Login to MyUH Portal
  2. View My Financial Aid Information
  3. My Eligibility
  4. Holds

If you are completing a distance program and will not physically be on Oʻahu, you are not required to get the Mānoa One Card.

Reserve Parking Pass

OPTIONAL: A limited number of parking permits can be reserved on a first come, first served basis. You must register in order to be eligible.

  1. Register for classes
  2. Go to Commuter Services
  3. Click on "Online Account" in the right-hand sidebar
  4. Under Permits, click on "Get Permits"
  5. Select "UH Login" and log in with your UH credentials

If parking permits are gone, check out other Ways to Mānoa like the free Rainbow Shuttle, BIKI, DaBus, etc.