- Testing hours have been limited due to staff shortages as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Only 5 students max at a time to practice social distancing.
- We are looking into remote proctoring.
Instructors must submit:
- UH Exam Proctoring Request Form for each CRN.*
- Course roster (of each CRN) of students who are eligible to take the exam.
- Exam materials which may include: Copy of the exam and supplemental materials (e.g. periodic tables).
These forms must be submitted at least two business days before the opening of the exam to: email@example.com.
We highly recommend instructors to send in these documents as soon as possible. This will give students ample time to schedule an appointment, and secure a seat in our testing room.
Once we receive the completed materials, we will input the exam into our system between 1-3 business days. You will receive an email confirmation.
*The UH Testing Centers collaborated to update the fillable form. The new form looks a bit different than the previous form. This was a system-wide change, not just a UHM change.
Other Important Information
- Please include a date range for each exam. It is pretty normal to have the exam open for about a week so that students are able to schedule an appointment for the time slot that suits their needs.
- It is highly unusual and not recommended for a distance learning course to mandate a synchronous exam (same time, same place). This is because distance learning courses may be taken from any campus due to limited spaces at the testing centers.
- SSC will not download additional software to our computers in order for students to take exams on our computers. If additional software is required and the student has it on their personal laptop, we are able to proctor and monitor the student while they take the exam on their own laptops.