Schedule of Classes (SOC) Worksheets
SOC Worksheets show a draft schedule of classes based on last year’s schedule.
- Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) will be different from the previous year.
- The University Scheduler sends SOC Worksheets to departments via email toward the end of each semester, along with any Section Comments and a Special Request Form. SOC Worksheets for Fall semesters are sent at the end of the previous Fall semester; SOC Worksheets for Spring semesters are sent at the end of the previous Spring.
- To make edits, please write directly on your SOC Worksheets (or mark up the pdf).
- Print and return ALL pages of the SOC Worksheets by campus mail or hand delivery to Krauss Hall 121, even if there are no changes on that page.
- Fall SOC Worksheets are due by the first Friday of the Spring semester; Spring SOC Worksheets are due by the first Friday of the Fall semester.
Final Edit worksheets show the updated class schedule with room assignments, and allow departments to make final changes before the schedule is posted for students on Class Availability.
- The University Scheduler sends Final Edit worksheets to departments two weeks before the schedule is posted on Class Availability (late March for Fall, and late November for Spring).
- Make changes by writing directly on your Final Edit worksheets, or marking up the pdf.
- The Final Edit shows an up-to-date listing of your department’s entire course offerings, including non-printing sections.
- For Final Edit Worksheets, please return ONLY pages that have changes.
Every semester, around the 4th week of the term, the Institutional Research and Analysis Office (IRAO) runs a Census report to capture data on course offerings and enrollments. Prior to the IRAO’s report, the University Scheduler sends Pre-Census worksheets to departments for review.
- Pre-Census worksheets allow departments to make any final changes to their schedules so information is accurate and up-to-date when the IRAO generates the Census report.
- For the Census, it is important for faculty members (and NOT the TA/GA) to be listed as the primary instructor.
- For Pre-Census Worksheets, please return ONLY pages that have changes.