BSW Admission Information
Please note that in addition to the specific admission requirements of the Thompson School of Social Work & Public Health, the rules and requirements of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa must also be observed. For additional information, refer to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Office of Admissions website.
For additional academic information consult the current UH Mānoa Catalog. Note that the rules and requirements of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa apply to social work majors and that the special requirements of the Department of Social Work must also be observed.
To be considered for admission, the applicant must:
- Have been admitted (or be in the process of being admitted) to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (see UHM Office of Admissions – Transfer Admission);
- Have completed (or be in the process of completing) the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa general education core requirements;
- Have completed (or be in the process of completing) the knowledge-base requirement courses identified by the BSW Program with a grade of C or better;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5; and
- Provide evidence of motivation for and commitment to social work (e.g., personal, volunteer, and/or social work-related experience).
Application deadlines for admission to the BSW program:
- Fall admission: February 1 | 11:59 PM EST (6:59 HST)
- Spring (early) admission: October 15 | 11:59 PM EST (5:59 PM HST)
To apply for admission to the BSW program
- If you are not already a UH Mānoa student, submit a transfer application to the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions – UHM Office of Admissions – Transfer Admission.
- Complete the SocialWorkCAS application, including:
- “Personal Information” section
- Three (3) Reference Requests (letters of recommendation) via “Supporting Information” section
- In “Academic History” section
- Complete “Colleges Attended”
- Then upload unofficial transcript for each college attended
- In “Program Materials” section
- Respond to all required questions via the “Questions” tab
- Submit all required documents via the “Documents” tab.
Transfer and International Applicants
Please go to the following link for more information regarding transferring to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/transfer.html
Please go to the following link for more information for International Students: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/international.html
Tuition and Fees
- General information regarding Tuition and Fees (UH Catalog)
- Regular Tuition Schedule – Current Semester (UH Catalog)
- Tuition Table (Office of Admissions and Records)
- Additional Fees and Expenses (UH Catalog)