Resources gathered by Dr. Yeonjung Jane Lee of the Thompson School of Social Work & Public Health, Department of Social Work
Selected Scholarly Articles
- Gee, G. C., Ro, M. J., & Rimoin, A. W. (2020). Seven reasons to care about racism and COVID-19 and seven things to do to stop it. American Journal of Public Health, 110(7), 954–955. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.
- Gover, A. R., Harper, S. B., & Langton, L. (2020). Anti-Asian hate crime during the COVID-19 pandemic: Exploring the reproduction of inequality. American Journal of Criminal Justice, 45(4), 647–667. https://doi.org/10.1007/
- Misra, S., Le, P. D., Goldmann, E., & Yang, L. H. (2020). Psychological impact of anti-Asian stigma due to the COVID-19 pandemic: A call for research, practice, and policy responses. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 12(5), 461–464. https://doi.org/10.1037/
- Reny, T. T., & Barreto, M. A. (2020). Xenophobia in the time of pandemic: othering, anti-Asian attitudes, and COVID-19. Politics, Groups, and Identities, 1–24. https://doi.org/10.1080/
- Ruiz, N. G., Horowitz, J. M., & Tamir, C. (2020). Many Black and Asian Americans say they have experienced discrimination amid the COVID-19 outbreak. Pew Research Center. https://www.pewresearch.org/
social-trends/2020/07/01/many- black-and-asian-americans-say- they-have-experienced- discrimination-amid-the-covid- 19-outbreak/
- Tessler, H., Choi, M., & Kao, G. (2020). The anxiety of being Asian American: Hate crimes and negative biases during the COVID-19 pandemic. American Journal of Criminal Justice, 45(4), 636–646. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12103-020-09541-5
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Cornell University
- Stop AAPI Hate reporting center
- Anti-Asian Violence Resources
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA): https://www.apalanet.org/
uploads/8/3/2/0/83203568/ asian_american_racial_justice_ toolkit.pdf
- California Faculty Association: https://www.calfac.org/sites/
main/files/file-attachments/ curriculum_guide_combatting_ anti-asian_racism_in_the_age_ of_coronavirus.pdf?1589395997
- Racial Equity Tools: https://www.racialequitytools.
org/resources/fundamentals/ history-of-racism-and- movements/overview-and- timelines
- California Faculty Association: https://www.calfac.org/pod/
- Learning for Justice: https://www.
learningforjustice.org/ magazine/how-to-respond-to- coronavirus-racism
- NPR: https://www.npr.org/2021/03/
17/978055571/anti-asian- attacks-rise-during-pandemic- read-nprs-stories-on-the- surge-in-violen
- PBS: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/
nation/what-you-can-do-to- fight-violence-and-racism- against-asian-americans
- USC: https://rossier.usc.edu/
magazine/fall-winter-2020/ combating-anti-asian-racism- in-the-classroom/
Culturally competent mental health care (substance use prevention in the AAPI community)
- Live Another Day– Extensive information on mental health and substance use resources for AAPIs and other people of color. Their mission is equal access to life-saving resources.
- Detox Local – An extensive list of mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI (American Asian and Pacific Islander) community.
- Mental Health for Asian American and Pacific Islander Students