Members: Carl Dionne, Lori Ward, Seth Yoshioka-Maxwell
EB Liaison and Chair: Ann Sakuma
- Develops and maintains the Mānoa Staff Senate website as a central information portal for members of the Mānoa staff community.
- Works closely with the executive board and standing committee chairs to obtain, review, and coordinate up-to-date information for the website.
- Maintains key listservs in collaboration with ITS and the senate secretary.
- Coordinates the dissemination of mass communication, in consultation with the senate chair.
Elections and Outreach
Members: Karen Blakeley, Diane Nakashima, Kamana Seymour (Chair), Destin Shigano
EB Liaisons: Jenny Chow and Laura Nakasato
- Develops and implements procedures for annual senate elections, including candidate recruitment.
- Organizes special elections as needed.
- Works closely with the Communications Committee to inform Mānoa staff of upcoming elections and publicize results on the Mānoa Staff Senate website.
- Conducts an annual review of the election process and makes recommendations for improvement to ensure fairness and inclusivity.
- Coordinates efforts to reach Mānoa staff members throughout the university in an effort to improve campus climate.
- Establishes relationships with and connects staff members to the information and resources available on the Mānoa Staff Senate website.
- Makes recommendations to the senate regarding innovative ways to engage with the Mānoa staff community.
- Develops senate-endorsed programs for the continuous engagement and development of Mānoa staff.
Members: Jennifer Matayoshi (Co-Chair), Sarah Simmons (Co-Chair), Michele Tom, Seth Yoshioka-Maxwell
EB Liaison: Jaret Leong
- Keeps abreast of new and updated university policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to the senate regarding changes to existing university policies and procedures that directly impact Mānoa staff.
- Makes recommendations to the executive board regarding updates to the Mānoa Staff Senate Charter and Bylaws.
- Provides updates to the staff senate chair regarding existing university committees and initiatives so the Mānoa Staff Senate can pursue representation in these efforts.