Human Studies protects the health, welfare, rights, and dignity of people who participate in research.
This program administers the Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) that evaluate, approve, and monitor new and continuing research protocols involving human research participants.
- Posted 02/16/16: Student-led research applications must identify UH faculty advisor as the Prinicipal Investigator and include required training completion certificate (i.e., CITI or NIH) of the faculty advisor. Per BOR policy, only BOR appointees may serve as principal investigators (see BOR policy 12.202: http://www.hawaii.edu/policy/?action=viewPolicy&policySection=rp&policyC...)
- Posted 02/05/16: Updated General Policy Manual (GPM) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for UH's Human Research Protection Program under the "Policies & Guidance" Quicklink
- Posted 12/02/2015: Coming Soon! eProtocol Check out eProtocol Quicklink at a later time for more information.
- Posted 11/25/2015: Now Available! 2016 IRB Calendar under "Institutional Review Board (IRB)" Quicklink
- Posted 10/31/2015: Now Available! Forms for 118 Designation -- Institutional/ Training Grants or Undefined Research under "Submit a New Protocol" page
- Posted 02/12/2015: "Get Training" quicklink has been renamed to "Learning Commons - HSP"
- Posted 01/23/2015: Old CITI Training Courses (prior to change on January 16, 2015) will no longer be accepted for new applications effective February 1, 2015
- Posted 12/23/2014: UH CITI Training curricula and requirements will be updated early January 2015. Stay tuned for details.
Human Studies Program Organizational Chart