Your mailing address is your primary student address and is used by the University for most correspondence, including refund checks. If you do not have a mailing address on record, all items will be sent to your permanent address.To update your mailing address and phone number:
- If you are currently enrolled, login to MyUH Services, select Student Services Menu, click on Personal Information and follow the instructions OR
- Completed the Student Data Change Form for Address & Phone Number (PDF) and email it to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com
To change your permanent address:
- Complete the Student Data Change Form for Address & Phone Number (PDF) and email it to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permanent addresses cannot be updated via MyUH Services
International students with F-1 and J-1 visas are required to report a new U.S. mailing address in MyUH within 10 days of a change in U.S. address. F-1 and J-1 students must have a permanent address in their home country and may not claim a U.S. address as a permanent address. Contact International Student Services (ISS) at email@example.com for more information.To request a Change of Name or to add a Preferred Name, please complete the Change of Name (PDF) and submit to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org via UH FileDrop.
To Request a Change of Name
You must provide us with a recently issued document as proof of your legal name change. Acceptable documents to prove a legal name change include:
- Marriage document
- Divorce decree specifically stating you may change your name
- Court order for a name change
- Certificate of Naturalization showing new name
You must also provide sufficient documentation to confirm your identity:
- One document in your old name (An expired document is acceptable); and
- A second document with your new name
You must provide sufficient documentation to confirm your identity. Acceptable documents must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information and preferably a recent photograph.
We require one of the following to confirm your identity:
- U.S. driver’s license
- State-issued non driver identity card
- U.S. passport
If you do not have one the above documents and cannot get a replacement, we may ask to see one of the following:
Employee ID card
- Marriage document
- Health insurance card (not a Medicare card)
- U.S. military ID card
- Adoption decree
Non-citizen: We will ask to see your current immigration documents. Acceptable documents include:
- Form I-551 (includes machine-readable immigrant visa with your unexpired foreign passport)
- I-94 with your unexpired foreign passport
- Work permit card from the Department of Homeland Security (I-766 or I-688B)
We may use one document for two purposes. For example, we may use your U.S. passport as proof of both citizenship and identity. However, you usually will need at least two separate documents.
If you need to change your Citizenship or Social Security Number please email email@example.com for further instructions.
Visit Information Technology Services or general information and policies regarding your UH Email Account.
Update Personal Information
You are responsible for providing the University with your current contact and other pertinent personal information. Refer to the instructions below to learn how to keep this information up-to-date.