Applications are now being accepted for the Joseph E. Alicata Memorial Award in Public Health. A scholarship of up to $5,000 is available to students at the master's and doctoral level in public health. The award may be used for UHM tuition or for international travel connected with the field-training portion of the academic program. If used for travel, the destination must be a country in the Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health.
- Applicants must be full-time UHM graduate students in public health with a record of outstanding scholastic achievement.
- A three-page essay must be submitted describing what you believe to be the most important current public health issue in Hawai‘i and how it should be addressed.
- If relevant, applicants should also provide a list of publications (conference proceedings, reports, & articles), presentations (local, national, international) and awards.
To apply, the following items must be submitted to the Office of Public Health Student Academic Services (OPHSAS) via email (email@example.com):
- The three-page essay (double-spaced);
- A letter of application which includes a list of your publications, presentations and awards, a brief explanation of how the scholarship will be utilized, and authorization for OGSAS to release your UHM transcripts and GPA to the Award Committee.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2015.
This is an announcement. It was posted Feb 9, 2015 at 3:02pm and last updated Feb 9, 2015 at 3:02pm.