The employment of persons in Civil Service as defined by State of Hawai‘i law is governed by the merit principle (HRS §76-1). Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements of the position being sought including all education, experience, licensure, certification, security clearance, and other public employment requirements for Civil Service employment. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide complete information during the application process. The information submitted may be verified accordingly. Applicants must meet the requirements and qualify on appropriate employment related tests to be eligible for employment consideration. Individuals who are recommended for hire are required to undergo a criminal history record clearance and other checks, as appropriate.
- Classification Specification and Minimum Qualification Requirement (link to DHR)
- How to Write a Civil Service Position Description Workbook
- Position Description Template (June 2013)
- Instructions for Position Description Template
- Supplement to Position Description (use for describing work conditons for the position description)
- Performance Appraisal System (link to DHRD)