The Office of Support Services provides a range of administrative services to support the overall integration and efficiency of the Office of Planning and Facilities and to ensure a high level of customer service through the operations of the below four (4) functional areas. This Office conducts analysis and provides reports as required, and to measure the effectiveness of the OPF operation to meet its goals and to support the campus.
Customer Service & Information Management
- Administers budget preparation, analysis, reports and execution, fiscal, procurement (including campus-wide contracts) and property management under the purview of the OPF.
- Responsible for the financial planning, management, and control of OPF funds and accounts.
- Advises and assists OPF units in budgetary planning, preparation, and execution.
- Provide reliable financial data and analysis for quality management decisions.
- Procurement services including the purchase of materials and supplies for the efficient operation of OPF projects and functions.
- Manages and maintains the campus work order system.
- Communicates university customer requests and needs to appropriate OPF units.
- Improves communication with and between internal and external constituents on OPF actions and projects.
- Provides support to improve and expand customer service to internal and external constituents of OPF.
- Provide and share accurate data/information to assist OPF and campus units improve workflow and make informed decisions.
- Ensures the direction of campus projects is in alignment with energy conservation and efficiency efforts.
- Provides IT support services to the OPF operation including hardware and software management, web services, support to ensure the most effective work order processing and communication among the various OPF units.
- Serves as information management hub to collect data, provide analysis, and develop reports for the various OPF units and campus constituents.
- Schedules and coordinates support services for special events.
- Central coordination of human resource administration for OPF.
- Provides personnel services to all OPF units, including recruitments, appointments, classification and compensation, promotions, and leave and benefits.
- Provides staff training and development.
- Provides guidance, consultation, analysis, reporting and staff assistance to OPF units to meet immediate or long-range goals.
- Ensures personnel actions are in compliance with federal, state, and university laws and policies.
- This support unit provides warehouse and inventory services for OPF operations including storage, transfer, and disposal of materials and property and the maintenance of surplus inventory for the campus community.