Auditions for the UHChoirs
Spring 2018 Audition Times
All auditions in Room 40, the director’s office
- Monday, January 8, 10:00a–12:00p & 4:00–6:00p
- Tuesday, January 9, 3:00–5:00p
- Wednesday, January 10, 10:00a–12:00p & 4:00–6:00p
To sign-up, contact Recruitment Chair Brittany Bergeman for an exact time.
Deadline to register is Friday, January 5, 4:00p.
- Auditions are not required for University Chorus (MUS 114) or Hawaiian Chorus (MUS 410b).
- Auditions are required annually for Concert Choir (MUS 414) and Chamber Singers (MUS 410c).
- August auditions are required for all students in Concert Choir (CC) and Chamber Singers (CS).
- January auditions for Concert Choir (CC) are only necessary for singers who did not sing in CC during the fall semester.
- January auditions for Chamber Singers (CS) are extremely selective and will only be used to fill vacancies in the standing ensemble.
What to Expect
Auditions for Concert Choir and Chamber Singers are conducted at once and offer singers a chance to meet Dr. Felipe, ask questions, learn about the ensembles, and share their interests. The audition last 5–7 minutes and consists of exercises to demonstrate range, vocal quality, rhythmic sense, and pitch sense. All auditions include a short sight reading exercises. A prepared piece is not expected or required although singers are welcome to bring a short piece if they wish.
Audition results are usually released by the end of the second day of classes.