MA in Music Education, Online, FAQs
Important NoticeApplications for full graduate admission to the M.A. programs in music education are currently limited to those who can come to the UH-Manoa campus. Remote students may still register for online classes through the University of Hawai‘i Mānoa Outreach College.
Allow 3–4 days for processing of your application. To determine if your application form has been processed, contact the “Banner” online registration system, called “MyUH” which can be accessed online or by phone at 808-296-6723. If you have any questions about your application, call Outreach College at 808-956-7221, or, toll free at 800-862-6628, or email email@example.com.
Permission to Register
Some courses may require instructor approval if you have not been admitted to the degree program. Seats may be available for “Unclassified Graduate” students. Send your name and UH student ID# to the online course instructor with a request for a seat in a specific class. an online course. Once the instructor enters your permission code, you can easily register online.,/p>
- Typing. Your discussion contributions and most assignments you submit must be typed.
- Computer savvy. Using a mouse to select icons on a screen. Opening a web browser and connecting to the internet. Clicking and double-clicking your mouse. Printing a page or document. Downloading and installing software. Uploading photographs, embedding youtube videos, creating slide presentations, attaching documents are all common skills in our online courses.
- Internet skills. Basic browsing ability. Open page…Save page…Back…Forward….Clicking on links to open. Completing online forms.
- Email. You should be reasonably comfortable using electronic mail. You will need to learn how to attach word processing documents to an email message in order to submit your assignments.
All courses will include a syllabus outlining specific skills or software needed for the course.
- fairly new computer (no more than three years old).
- “hard wired” internet connection—high speed cable or DSL is required. Course materials may not be available on all mobile devices or wi-fi internet connections.
- reliable internet provider
- USB or internal computer video camera
- printer (if you wish to print out online lectures and information)
Note: Students are also required to have a backup computer in mind should personal or school equipment be unavailable for any length of time. Internet cafes, printing companies, public libraries, relatives, or other school sites could serve as your backup.